Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Greetings from the missions field 10-10-2013


From the Field

I bring you greeting from the International office in Arnold, Maryland. I have been working diligently at organizing the new office. I still feel like a duck out of water, oh sorry I didn’t mean to say that. It is taking me a while to get into a routine, but over time I am confident that I will be able to make it work. I am thankful to God and I want to be able to do the best job possible for Him. When I was at Gay and Sue’s house getting trained for the position they stressed to me the importance of getting requests out in a timely manner and making sure that everything is accurate. I agree with them that poor service would reflect poorly on the organization. That is so true of how we should be living the Christian life. So many Christians get saved and then go and do whatever they want because they know they are forgiven. The Bible encourages us to have a walk that is worthy of the high calling that we have been called to. So now I have to watch what I do for the name sake of FCFInternational but more important because I carry around the name of Jesus Christ. By God’s grace I will be able to do that.

 

I recently went out and bought the Apple desk top computer for the office. I praise God that He provided the funds to be able to do that. This past week I took a class and began to learn how to operate it. I have used windows my whole life, so it will definitely be an adjustment. Using the computer is a little out of my comfort zone, but once I learn how to work the computer it will be good for the office. Just like when God takes us out of our comfort zone he stretches us and makes us more useable for the kingdom. I was able to make my first publication with it. I quickly put together a packet for churches to be able to support FCFInternational. I will be taking it up to Wayne’s church to see if they will support us. My prayer is that we would find 100 churches in 2013 to support us with $1,600.00 yearly support. Please pray with me as I seek those churches that God would have for us.

  

Family Life

Thank you all for your prayers for Christopher as he had surgery on his foot. He came through the surgery fine and will begin rehab this week. Today he has a visit to the surgeon who will let him know the progress. Seth is flying out for an interview with a church for an assistant pastor’s position. I praise God how it all is fitting together in God’s perfect plan. Even if Seth doesn’t get the position he is gaining great experience. Andrew and Justin are doing fine; they have been working hard at their jobs. Holly is still working two jobs, and we have begun to discuss when a good time for her to retire is. It is hard to believe that retirement is so close. It seems like just yesterday we both started working. I am thankful to God that He has provided a ministry that Holly and I can work together.

 

Personal Life

I have recently finished with reading first and second Thessalonians and I started reading Hosea. How amazing God’s Word is to read. I am thankful that we are able to read God’s Word and learn how to walk in a worthy manner. My prayer is that first responders would have a desire to read the Bible on a daily basis and obey what they read. I still need to remind myself of this truth daily.

 

Prayer Requests

·         Revival in the fire service

·         International Board meeting in two weeks

·         First on-line Bible study in a week

·         First responders weekend retreat in March

 

No comments:

Post a Comment