Monday, November 26, 2012

Greetings from the missions field 11-26-2012

From the Field
Things are beginning to come along at the new International Office. As I am learning how to run the day to day operations of the ministry it is exciting to meet everyone involved. That is my favorite part of FCFInternational, the people. God has made us all unique, and it is fun to see how we interact with each other. I Corinthians 12:12 tells us, "Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.". FCFInternational is made up of paid and volunteer firefighters, small towns and big cities, and those who support first responders. My joy is talking with each and everyone of you along the way, encouraging you to have a deeper relationship with God. I am learning that so many of you have that same passion for God. You want other first responders to know the love of God and to have a personal relationship with Him. I pray that God would continue to use us in a mighty way this coming year. I have been dilegently praying that God would start a revival within the fire service. God is faithful and has proven His faithfulness to FCFInternational since 1977. Join with me in prayer for the fire service. James telss us that, "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." I love how it says that the "prayers of a righteous person is powerful and effective". I am excited to see what God is going to do. I look forward to meeting some of you the fire shows and conferences that we attend. If you are able, please look for our both and come visit. That would be a huge encouragement for Holly and I. Pray that God would use those shows to proclaim His love for the fire service. Currently I am building some new displays for the shows, pray that they would catch peoples eyes and draw them in.

Missions Trip
I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your prayers and finacial support for the Moonachie First Aid and Rescue Squad. We should be heading up there soon to help rebuild the station. God is working in a great way with this project and I am thankful to Him. Thom McCoy is heading up that project and has put a huge amount of time and effort into it already. Let's pray that God would continue to use Thom on this project and that God would continue to open doors for us to minister to those folks. I am also thankful for all of Mike Whitby's work in trying to secure EMS supplies. It is awesome to see how the body of Christ is working together. I will let everyone know when we are going up there in case you are able to go and help.

Family
I thank everyone who regularly prays for our family. Sometimes the mission field can be difficult and lonely. It is comforting to know that folks are regularly praying for us. Please don't be shy, drop us a line every now and then reminding us of your prayers, it greatly encourages us. Seth is still looking for an Assistant Pastors position. We thought he was going to get a position in Indiana, but God has other plans for him. Pray that Seth would be diligent about putting his resume out. Christipher is almost back to 100% after his foot surgery. We thank God for His healing hand upon him. Justin and Andrew have been working hard at their jobs. Pray that they would be diligent about regular Bible study and maintaining their walk with Christ.

Prayer Request
- Support for the ministry. I am praying that God would give us 100 churches to suppor His ministry to first responders. I am working on packets to explain to churches our ministry.
- New members to join. I am praying that God would give us 10,000 members, which is less than 1% of the fire service in America.
- New local chapters. I am praying that God would allow us to have a chapter in every state and that new countries would be opened up to us.
- Revival in the fire service!!!
-The upcoming Encourager for Jan/Feb. I pray that the new style would be well received.

Thanks you all for your faithfulness to God and your prayers for the ministry.

James 2:17 - "Faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead".

Craig and Holly Duck
FCFInternational Missionaries

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I would share a little blog about our president, Craig (or "Lt Duck" as I know him)...it was Christmas morning and the Duck children were waking me up around the normal "Christmas time"... 0530 When things settled down and there was a break in preseant opening, Lt Duck asked me if wanted to go for a run. Sure, I thought...it will just take 45 minutes to run on such a beautiful Christmas morning..............10 miles later I begged for him to stop....I guess I don't feel so bad given this guy went on to ride his bike across America!!!

    ReplyDelete