Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Greetings from the Missions Field 10-16-2012

Frome the Field
Greetings from the International office in Arnold, Maryland. I would like to greet you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ who continues to supply all of our needs. This has truly been a busy but blessed week for me. I was blessed to be able to go to Conecticut to be with my dear friend Wayne Detzler and his wife. I had an awesome time just sitting around their lovely apartment in their daughters house brain storming about the future of FCFInternational. God has given Wayne a remarkable ability to minister to people and especially firefighters. The Detzlers have served God faithfully for many years. They have been missionaries in Germany and England. Wayne has served as a senior pastor in churches in England and the US. Wayne has served at various universities at various levels. He is even very "techy". So when Wayne has some ideas, I love to listen. It was Wayne who encouraged me to do the daily devotions on our facebook page (Fellowship of Christian Firefighters International). I get encouraged everytime someone writes and lets me know how God is speaking to them through the devotion. Wayne is also working on writing a history book for FCFInternational. This will be a good resource tool as we try and get churches to help support us prayerfully and financially. It will also be a blessing to our members. So pray for Wayne as he is working on this project. FCFInternational recently conducted our first online Bible study. What a blessing to be able to dive into God's Word the Bible and see how it applies to first responders. Our second one is set for November 6, 2012 at 1900 hours EST. Our subject will be "Fearless in the Fire Service". If you would like more information just email our International office at fcfihq@aol.com

The Family
I would like to thank all of you for your prayers for our family. This ministry is a little bit of a struggle with still being a full time firefighter but I praise God that I am able to make it work so far. Wayne and his wife have taught me to always look on the positive side of life, and I pray that I would be able to follow his example. I need to be content in every situation. Christopher is healing just fine from his foot surgery and is praying that he can start walking on it again this week. Seth is getting excited about his upcoming trip. Seth is canidating for an associate pastors position in Indiana. Our family appreciates your prayers for him and that God would be glorified.

Personal Life
I continue to read through the Bible. I am excited about finishing the entire Bible, and then I can start all over again. I love reading God's Word every day and seeing how he is going to challenge me. I am falling behind on my Bible memorization and I need to pick that up a bit. It is always good to memorize Scripture. We need to be ready in season and out of season to preach. God's Word is true, and I want to be faithful to His Word.

Prayer Requests
- We are looking for 100 churches to support us prayerfully and financially
- For new chapters to form
- The Bible studies would fill up and firefighters would study God's Word
- For a revival in the fire service
- The lines of communication would open up between members
- We would be prepared for the fire service shows, first one is in January
- The Regional events would have good participation
- First Responders would be encouraged

Until next week I ask that God would bless each reader of this blog as you walk with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment