Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Greetings from the missions field 10-24-2012

From the Field
God is good all the time!! I hope you repeated back "all the time God is good" He really is. Even when things are not going are way or life seams to be getting us down, God is still on the throne and wants to do great things for us. I tend to get in His way. I pray that I will learn to be patient in tribulation and learn to wait upon Him. I haven't had a bad week or anything, I just want to learn humility and to be patient. I hope that doesn't mean I will have a bad week this week, that is usually how we learn those two characteristics. Psalm 37:7 encourages us to "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass."

This week has been an awesome week for me. I have been on vacation from work and have been traveling with my wife. We went to a wedding in North Carolina. While there I was able to talk with Marcus about our data base. Marcus was able to show me some simple things we can do to improve it, and promised to come by for dinner to show me more (praise God). After the wedding Holly and I went to West Virgina for their annual Fallen Firefighter Memorial service. What a blessing to see all of the FCFInternational members serving at this event. They all did a marvelous job and should be commended for all of their work. God is well pleased when we do "good works" for Him. Not that these good works will earn a spot in heaven, but they go a long way to showing the love of Jesus to a lost world. Thanks Chris and Scott (as well as others) who did so much that day, I was blessed.

Our board meetings are going well. Last night we had a small number of board members, but we were able to talk through a number of items. Please pray for our board members that they would constantly walk with God, and would be able to make Godly decisions. I am thankful for each board member who sacrifices time and effort for our organization (God's organization). Without our volunteers we would not be able to function. I am excited to see how God is going to use our members to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ to the fire service.

Our next Bible study is "Fearless in the Fire Service" if you would like to join in you can preregister at the following place:

Fearless in the Fire Service
Join us for a webinar on Nov 06, 2012 at 7:00 PM EST.
Register now!
Enjoy a Bible study designed specifically for first responders in the fire service. You will be encouraged to lead a life that is pleasing to God while you serve in your local department.

Deuteronomy 31:6 - "Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them: for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

On the Homefront
Thank you for all of your prayers for Christopher and his surgery. His ankle is healing and he is beginning to walk on it. Holly and I are thankful to God for his recovery. Seth did not get the Assistant Pastors position that he was candidating for. Please pray that God would provide a ministry for him to serve in. Holly is tired from all of our travel and I appreciate your prayers for her as she went back to work today. I can hardly wait for when she retires and we serve FCFInternational members together.

Prayer Requests
  • Revival in the Fire Service
  • New chapters to start in states that we are not repressented yet
  • Keiths Granddaughter who has a fever of 104
  • Ann Christmas who has an infection
  • Gay and Sue that their house would sell
  • The holiday Newsletter, that it would touch lives
  • My first Encourager (magazine) that I am putting together











No comments:

Post a Comment