Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Greetings from the Missions Field 3-18-2014

From the Field
The fire service is an interesting place to serve. As we try and minister to first responders, we often times meet resistance. Sometimes the resistance comes from firefighters who want nothing to do with talking religion in the fire service. Other times it comes from Christian first responders who chose to do very little in the way of reaching out to the unsaved world. Often times it can even come from my worldly desires and laziness. My hearts desire is for first responders world wide to hear the good news of the Gospel, and to disciple those who come to Christ by faith. I constantly have to remind myself that I am not promoting a religion, but rather fostering a relationship with the God who created everything. When only a few people join in on our webcasts, or the same old people respond to requests for help in making Bible studies, I have to remind myself that its all about relationships and not about numbers. I am thankful for those who help in the ministry. As the ministry to first responders continues to grow I look forward to the new relationships that I will be a part of. Jesus came to serve, and He is our example for how we are to serve other first responders. Please join with us in prayer as we seek to minister to first responders. The discipleship ministry is moving forward and now we are seeking first responders to actively disciple. Our prayer is that this ministry will truly change the fire service for the glory of God. Pray that this ministry will catch on like wildfire. As I look back, I am excited about how the Lord is using all of our daily devotions to encourage firefighters. There have been as many as 5 contributors in one day. For me personally, I continue to grow in my walk with Christ as I write these devotions everyday. I am also excited as we continue to build Bible lessons for first responders. I pray that these studies will get into the hands of first responders who will grow in their relationship with the Lord.

I am also excited about the conversations I have had with international firefighters. I have been talking with first responders from Honduras, Israel, Mexico, and Australia. What a blessing to be able to encourage fellow believers from around the world who share our vision to reach other firefighters for Christ. Pray that God would continue to use our ministry to encourage firefighters from around the world.




I thank God for each and everyone who faithfully prays for our ministry. I look forward to the day when God begins to change the fire service and many first responders by faith walk with Him. Continue to pray for our ministry as much work needs to be accomplished. We need faithful people willing to help us preach the Gospel to those who have never heard and disciple them in the faith.


Prayer Requests

  • Faithful members to assist in the ministry
  • Leadership that will pour their hearts and souls into reaching others
  • Financial support - We are praying for 100 churches to support us at $100.00 a month
  • The Widows and Orphans Ministry that we are starting
  • The Disaster Outreach Team

No comments:

Post a Comment