Friday, March 28, 2014

Greetings From the Mission Field 3-28-2014

From the Field
I would like to thank everyone for their prayers as we moved to Virginia. I would like to say that we are all unpacked and back to normal, but I fear that is going to take awhile. I am thankful to God for providing a wonderful place, and I look forward to see how He is going to use this place for His honor and glory. Once I find the camera, I am going to show you pictures. I have been praying that God would use this place to encourage line of duty death families (LODD), chaplains, and first responders who are going through a rough time. So far we have been referring to the new home as 249 or the Barnabas house. As I write this blog two more heroes have fallen in the Boston Fire Department and my heart goes out to the families and firefighters who ave to deal with the tragedy. I am praying for financial support so we can turn our home into a place that will provide hope during these difficult days.

The biggest show of the year will be coming up in a couple of weeks, FDIC. We are able to talk with more firefighters about their relationship with Christ at this show. We have designed new tracts that clearly present the Gospel and we are hoping to give out a lot and talk with a lot of firefighters. I am also excited about the new discipleship ministry we are starting and hope to find firefighters who would like to be discipled. Please pray for this show and the people we will meet. With the move I don't feel like we are ready, but I pray that God would still use this show in a mighty way.

The Family
Thank you for your prayers on behalf of Seth and Andrew. We just retuned from Seth's graduation from the Army, and were blessed by the time we have spent with him the last few days. He reports to Fort Meade tomorrow and begins his AIT training. Andrew is settling in to his new apartment in Norfolk, and seams to be enjoying his new job. Christopher and Justin are having way too much fun at the new house. Holly is going crazy with the unpacking, but we are all thankful to God for His provisions in our lives.

Prayer Requests

  • Setting up a new office in our 2 car garage.
  • The FDIC show.
  • The upcoming missions trip to Mexico.
  • The opportunity to speak in Canada in November.
  • Faithful men and women to help in the ministry.
  • First responders to get saved.
  • Revival in the fire service.

No comments:

Post a Comment