Sunday, January 27, 2013

Greetings From the Mission Field 1-27-2013

From the Field
We have completed our first fire show as President/Missionary. What a blessing to be able to meet great folks during this time and share Christ with them. We met some new Christian firefighters that were excited that such a ministry as FCFInternational exists. They were excited to get the new Ephesians Project Bible study, they couldn't hardly wait to get home and look it over. We also gave out about 20 of Matt's video. We already had one email back saying they watched the video and thought it was great. This short 10 minute video clearly has the Gospel message and we are excited about sharing it with first responders. A special thanks to the whole gang for helping to set this show up for us. From Trevor to Randy, Tommy and his friend, it was a blessing to have you all help out. We were able to share the ministry with so many first responders. We even talked to a Hindu firefighter, and another person who only believed in prayer not in anything else. Please pray for these two individuals who need to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I was so impressed with how Randy was able to bring up conversations with all types of first responders. He has a gift from God and it was awesome watching him minister to firefighters.

Before getting to Daytona Beach I was able to make a couple of stops along the way. I was able to visit with Rob Hitt from South Carolina. This man of God truly has a heart and passion to share Christ with first responders. I loved hearing how the Lord has been working in Rob's life and how God brought him through a wilderness experience. I was then able to stop and see Gerald Brock from Darlington County, South Carolina. Gerald is a special member who tirelessly promotes God in the fire service. What a blessing to be able to share in his ministry. Gerald's brother provided the lunch and Gerald made sure that there was plenty of firefighters around. I was able to share what the Lord is doing through FCFInternational.

Tomorrow I get to visit the Charlotte, North Carolina chapter. I look forward to meeting some new friends and sharing what God is doing in my life and with FCFInternational. We will also be heading to meet with some of the Billy Graham folks and talk about a disaster response team. We might be able to partner with them in order to minister to first responders. Please pray about that meeting. God is opening up new doors for FCFInternational. I want to be faithful in following God's ways and seeking His will in ministering to first responders.

The Family
The family has been braving through the cold spell with snow on the ground at the International Office in Maryland while I have been off playing in 74 degree weather. As I am traveling further north it is beginning to get colder. Thank you for your prayers for my family as I have been away. My prayer is that they would continue to walk with God and read His Word faithfully everyday.

Prayer Requests
  • I received an email from a firefighter who is going through a difficult time in his marriage. This breaks my heart. There are way too many divorces in the fire service. This firefighter is asking for help and I will be working with him.
  • Continue to pray that God would work in the hearts and minds of first responders. I have been praying for a revival, please join me in that. I have been praying that God would save a million first responders worldwide.
  • Pray that members would desire to hold a prayer event at their firehouse on May 1. This is International Day of Prayer for first responders.
  • Pray that FCFInternational would be faithful in producing Bible studies for first responders.

Vision - To glorify God in the fire service by building relationships that turn the heart and mind of first responders to Christ (Philippians 2:11), equipping them to serve Him (Ephesians 4:12)

Mission - To encourage one another to share the vision with the fire service community through Witnessing, Praying, Teaching the Word, and Walking worthy











No comments:

Post a Comment