Monday, September 17, 2012

Greetings from the Mission Field 9-17-2012

From the Field
Things are beginning to take shape here in the new office. I have not completed the office entirely yet, but I have been able to organize files and supplies. The last shipment from Colorado has been sent out and should be here in the office this week. The plan is for Holly and I to begin handling all of the shipping. I am sure like most new jobs it will be stressful in the beginning until we are able to get in a rutine. I am finalizing the set up of the conference call company. I am excited to be able to use this new tool. Unless I find something better we will be using Webex. With this company we can hold conference calls with the new board members and Regional Directors as well as offer interactive Bible studies and training. We will be limited to 25 participants at a time until we can afford the bigger package. It might take a little while for people to catch on to this new ministry of ours, but I am confident God will use it in a mighty way. Please pray that this ministry would be a good tool for our members. The 1-800-322-9848 should be set up later on today so if your board give me a call and we can chat. I have been blessed already to talk to so many wonderful Godly first responders. I hope and pray that I become an encouragement to everyone I talk to. Some of the projects I am currently working on include:
  • Completing the filing system
  • Reworking the information Tri-fold
  • Evaluating and adding to the By-laws
  • Article for the next Encourager (our magazine)
  • Advertising our First Responder Retreat in March
  • Preparing for my first International Board Meeting
The Family
We are just back from a wonderful family vacation with the whole family. God was so good to us during this vacation. The weather was awesome and the time spent with family is always good. For me vacations are a time to reflect on God's goodness to our family and to remember what is truly important in life. As firefighters we full well know that in an instant life can change and those we love could be gone. So I encourage you to take the time and spend it wisely with your family. Then thank God for that time, I sure did. All of the family ranked this one as one of the greatest we have ever had.

My Personal Life
I have been working on a Leadership Bible study for FCFInternational. It has been going slow, but I praise God that He has opened up a new door for me. I was asked to teach the men's Bible study at church. I have used this opportunity to do the Leadership studies. This will force me to have them completed on time. I will also be able see how they work and get feed back from the men. I thank God for this opportunity. Pray that I will be able to stay on schedule for this quarter. Currently we are learning about the leadership of David.

Prayer Requests
  • We are still waiting for the Maryland State sales tax exemption to come back. Pray that everything goes through the first time.
  • We are also still waiting on the publishing company to get back to us in order to use the NKJV for our Ephesians project.
  • Pray for our first board meeting that it would go well.
  • The office would be completed
  • Pray that the leadership of FCFInternational would guard their hearts and minds from the world and that we would rely wholly on God.
  • We have many members that are sick and in need of healing.
  • God would send new members to FCFInternational and would open up new doors in every state and in new countries around the world.




  • That FCFInternational would be an encouragement to the fire service and that we would glorify our God in the stations we serve at.
Together Let's make Encouragement Contagious in the Fire Service!

No comments:

Post a Comment