Friday, September 7, 2012

International Day of First Responder Prayer

For the las several years I have been apart of the National Day of Prayer at the US Capital in Washington, DC. What a blessing to be in such a place with fellow Christians who desire to worship God and pray to Him on behalf of a greatful Nation. For the last several years they have used an image of General George Washington kneeling down by his horse in prayer. Most who attend a National Day of Prayer event do not even realize that George Washington was a firefighter in Alexandria, Virginia. What a Godly heritage we have within the fire service. I am thankful for those Godly first responders today who carry on that tradition.

I got this idea the other day. How about starting an International Day of Prayer for first responders. FCFInternational serves first responders throughout the world, and how awesome would it be to set aside a day to pray for everyones departments. The National Day of Prayer is always the first Thursday of May each year. I would like to declare the International Day of First Responder Prayer to be the first Wednesday in May of each year. I feel that this would be good so firefighters can still participate in National Day of Prayer Events if they would like. So mark your calander for Wednesday May 1, 2013. I pray that your local chapter or department would desire to begin this.

In Washingtom, DC our chapter used to have an annual prayer breakfast that was a big event. I am going to bring back the annual prayer breakfast specifically for this event. I can't wait to get back with our group and see what else we can add to it. Perhaps we could have our members stand in front of every firehouse and pray for them, or have a bicycle tour where we stop at every firehouse. I don't know, but I am getting excited just thinking about it. You know prayer really works, who knows how we can impact our local departments for the cause of Christ. I will post more details about our prayer breakfast if you are interested in attending.

Wednesday May 1, 2013 - International Day of First Responder Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment