Saturday, September 8, 2012

Greetings from the mission field 9-8-2012

From the Field
This has truly been an interesting week for FCFInternational. God continues to amaze me in new and exciting ways. As I see prayer after prayer answered, it is just a confirmation to me that God is blessing this ministry. I thank God that we even have access into the holy of holies, not that we are able because of our goodness but because of what Jesus Christ has done for us. God answers prayer, and I am eternally thankful. This week God has provided more funds for the office transition. With these new designated funds we will be able to get a new computer. I have been praying about this because of my new responsibility to edit the Encourager. I have never done this before, and the new computer should greatly help me, praise the Lord! We also received some other donations for some special projects. What a blessing to hear the excitement in the voice of Gay and Sue as they told me the news. God is certainly on the move in the fire service.

This week we voted in the new members for the International Board of Directors. This board is responsible for oversight of FCFInternationals operation. Our board provides Godly insight on issues important to the fire service as well help to shape what ministries FCFInternational will be apart of. Please pray for our board as we begin meet once a month via telephone conferences. I look forward to working with these Godly folks as we reach first responders for Christ. Our board members are:
Bob Crum - Emeritus
Gay Reynolds - Emeritus
Sue Reynolds Emeritus
Dan Clegg - Indianna
Russ Stammer - New Jersey
Tommy Neiman - Florida
Keith Helms - North Carolina
Wayne Detzler - Connecticut
Isaac Brunetti - West Virginia

The Family
The family is doing well. Everyone is excited about leaving today for the ocean. Our new family tradition is to have a family vacation together, no matter how big their families get. Please pray that we would be able to honor God during this vacation.

My Personal Life
I thank God for what He is teaching me these last couple of weeks. God is stretching me in ways I could neve imagine. I have a long way to go, but I am going to constantly look to Him for all of my strength. Reminds me of the verse, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". I hope I quoted that right. If you know the reference leave a note. Things at work are going well. Please pray that I would continue to be a good witness and testemony for Jesus Christ. Pray that I would not do anything to ruin that testemony. So often I seem to fail, and I need God's strength and wisdom to get me through the day.

Prayer Requests
For this week I have a few specific prayer requests
  • The tax exempt form would be excepted and we would get our Maryland tax exemption
  • Our application would be accepted by Nelson Publishing to use the New King James version for our Ephesians Bible study
  • The new board members would work well together and be used mightily by God
  • God would continue to raise up new FCFInternational members so we might have new departments to minister to.
  • The International Day of First Responders Prayer, that many chapters and departments would get involved.
How about you? Let me know if there is anything I can be praying about for you or your department. Just leave a comment and I will take it to the Lord in prayer.



Together, Let's make encouragement contagious in the fire service!

No comments:

Post a Comment