Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Greetings from the missions field 9-26-2012

From the Field
I need to start with an apology. I promised to post every Monday, and here it is Wednesday. This week has been very busy. I feel like I got on one of those playground rides that go in a circle. You get on and it spins faster and faster. This past week has been filled with ups and downs. Yesterday we had our first International Board meeting. Since we are so far away from each other it is always difficult to meet. Praise God for modern technology. We were able to meet over the internet. What a blessing to get everyone together and talk about God's ministry to firefighters. We will be having a Bible study via that same connection. Please pray that all would go well. Its awesome to think that firefighters can meet together for fellowship and Bible study via the internet. I hope it is an encouragement to people. I am still waiting for the tax exempt from Maryland to go through. This is holding up our purchase of computer for the new office. We have decided to go with a Mac, which should help us with editing the Encourager. I am looking forward to putting that together.

I had a wonderful time at the prayer breakfast for the Prince George County Volunteer Fire Department. I was able to speak, and the topic was prayer in the fire service. What a blessing to be a part of that yearly event. I am thankful for this chapters desire to give out Bible to the newly elected officers. I pray that they would continue to be a blessing to firefighters in Prince George County. The next prayer breakfast is a combination of three local chapters getting together. I look forward to that time with them.

I continue to be blessed by talking to members of our organization. Yesterday I talked with a 84 year old brother from Canada. He retired as a Captain from his department. I loved hearing how God worked in his life through prayer in order to get his position on the fire department and in his families life. It is amazing to me how God works. I am thankful that God even cares for us, especially when we mess up so much.

Family
God is working in my families lives for which I am very thankful. Seth has been putting out his resume for Assistant pastor positions. He heard back from a church who is very interested in him, praise God. Please pray that God's will would be accomplished. It is exciting to see your children grow up and walk with the Lord. I pray that first responders families would be strengthened in these last days. God is faithful.

Personal Life
I am back in the New Testament in my daily devotions. This morning I read through Colossians. I love reading the books that Paul wrote, and particularly am interested lately in prayer. I have been trying to pray better for individuals and for the fire service. I have been praying for a revival in the fire service. I pray that God's people in the fire service would wake up to righteousness and would stir others up to love and good works. May that revival start with me and spread like wildfire.

Prayer List
  • The Maryland Tax exempt status to go through
  • We have several members out of work. Pray that they would be able to find work
  • We have several members with very ill relatives.
  • That God would be glorified in the fire service
  • That FCFInternational would minister to first responders who need to hear the Gospel
  • That doors would be opened up in fire departments in Canada.




  • That God would open doors to fire departments in states where we do not have members

No comments:

Post a Comment