Sunday, September 2, 2012

Greetings from the Missions Field 8-3-2012

From the Field
This has been an interesting week for FCFInternational. I am still working on setting up the office in my home in Arnold, Maryland. Our last President/Missionary Gay and Sue Reynolds ran the international office out of their home. This practice is the most cost effective way for our organization to operate. I do pray that at some future time we will be able to afford an International office. I have always dreamed of operating a Christian retreat center for firefighters. We would be able to minister to first responders in many different ministries. For now I will continue to focus on setting up our office. I had fun showing Holly how to operate some of the programs we are building. What a joy to be able to work alongside my wife, I look forward to ministering to first responders with her. Next week we will be setting up some quicken programs on our computer. Also, next week we are looking forward to the second phone line being set up. It has taken longer than I want, but Lord willing it will be operational.

This week I received such a blessing. I posted on Facebook that I was looking for ideas on a computer. I need to publish the Encourager, and I have never done that before. After receiving some good ideas from the Charlotte chapter I found out that they sent me some funds to help with the office transition. What an awesome God we serve. Firefighters are always blessed with this magazine, and now the Charlotte chapter can know that they are a part of that ministry. Thank you so much folks.

I enjoy talking to folks on the phone. I have had many great conversations on the phone with some of our members already. Chris and I must have talked for over an hour about things the Lord has laid on his heart. I look forward to going out to West Virgina and fellowshipping with those folks. I was also able to talk with Wayne. What a blessing to chat with him as he has a true heart for the ministry. I would like to encourage folks to get on the phone and call someone. Everyone loves to get a call from someone they know. Who knows how you might bless them during the conversation.

Recently I sent out a survey to all of our International Board members and Regional Directors. Wayne was the first to get his back, and it was full of ideas. One idea was to have a daily devotional on Facebook. I am on day 3, so check us out on the Fellowship of Christian Firefighters International if you are not familiar with us. If you would like to send me a short devotional just send it in an email at firequacker621@aol.com I look forward to some of the other ideas that are members come up with. God is truly opening up doors for FCFInternational.

The Family
Our family is constantly on the move. For those who don't know me I have my wife Holly and four boys who still live at home. All four boys have graduated from High School and are serving God in various ministries. Seth has recently graduated from Bible college and is looking for a church to serve as an assistan pastor. Andrew has a fulltime job as a machinest and serves at Grace Baptist. Christopher works at a Christian book store and Justin works at a department store partime. I am proud of all of my boys and they excited that they love the Lord.

The family is looking forward to our vacation. This is our first annual family vacation. We decided that no matter how big the family gets or where they end up once a year we will have vacation together. We will pay for the place and every must come. This year my mom and her husband are coming, my inlaws are coming, and Andrews girlfriend. This should be fun, I can't wait.

My Personal Life
I thank everyone for their prayers for me as I learn how to do this ministry. Prayer is so important. I prayer for many of you throughout the week, that you would be filled with the knowledge of Him and that you would walk worthy. I know this is not easy at time in the fire service, but I encourage you to press on. In my personal devotions I have been reading Ezekiel. God has given the Isrealites so many chances to turn from their wicked ways. He does the same for us. I have also been trying to memorize God's Word. I haven't done that in awhile and I think it is important. It has helped to encourage me.

Galatians 2:20 - "I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me, and the life I now live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and gave himself for me." (NKJ)

Prayer Requests
- The office would be finished and I would be able to get the things that are needed.
- That I would be a good testimony in the District of Columbia Fire and EMS Department.
- FCFInternational members would regularly read their Bibles and would seek God with their whole heart.
- We would get all of the right people for the International Board Members.
- The International Board members and Regional Directors would find a good time each month to have conference calls.
- That God would continue to open doors for FCFInternational members to serve Him.

Together Let's make encouragement in the fire service contagious!

5 comments:

  1. Tuesday I get a new shipment of "Unrevealed" (my movie) in!!!! Praise Jesus that my ministry is rollin!!! If you would like a free copy of my movie, please email me: Runyonm7@AOL.com. or go to my website: WWW.faithfulfirefighters.com.
    Praise God for this new Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lt Duck, Saturday I put a copy of the latest and final "Unrevealed" in the mail for you. I am praying that you will take it to the board and they will delegate some funds for this incredible unique and effective way to reach first responders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also...I can change the logo at the begining of the movie to FCFI if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is on the move and this blog is a wonderful tool for reaching more people who will join the FCFI mission of reaching the Fire Service with the love, truth, peace, and words of from our Lord. Craig you are a blessing to us and this ministry.
    Gay and Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind words Sue. You and Gay are an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete